Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Hexagons:Tutorial

I love making hexies, and have found this to be the fastest, easiest way to crank these suckers out! I use a method where I don't sew the fabric directly on the paper. It's faster and you don't have to take all of those stitches out!

 



  
What I Do...

I print my hexies on card stock

I cut a hole in the center of each hexie.

I use the same thread color to make the hexies as I do to stitch them together.

 

A lovely card stock hexie;)

The shape of the hole doesn't matter...a triangle is fastest for me. 

 

Pinning....two pins work great for bigger hexies...one is fine for smaller.


 

Start in a corner and stitch the corner down firmly. 

*do not stitch to paper!*

 

Two stitches (using dark thread for photos;)

 


All finished!!!!



That's how I do it!

Logan



 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I loooovveeeeeee comments! Leave as many as you like:)